fredag 29 november 2013

Violent shit (1989)



To call this shot on video masterpiece a movie is an insult to all movies. It is just a random series of poorly shot and edited scenes with no sense of plot or story, with long scenes of people walking around in the Woods or driving and driving and driving before ending up killed by Karl the butcher in long, drawn out sequences that are as exceptionally gory as they are exceptionally poorly made, the sfx are atrocious. This is DIY film-making at it's worst.

Still, I cant really hate it. I watched this on vhs back when I started collecting uncut movies in the late 80s and while not exactly liking it even back then, there was still some fun in describing the scenes to friends or just telling them you had a movie called Violent shit. And it is most likely the only movie ever to have a scene of a guy cutting a hole in Jesus chest and crawling into him. That oughta count for something, right?

And when I think about it for a moment I realize that the German goremovie scene that started in the late 80s meant more to me than I thought. I remember getting this one along with movies like Schnaas Zombie 90 and Olaf Ittenbachs Black past and getting quite a lot of enjoyment out of them. Sure, they were cheap and poorly made but there weren't many other movies like them that you could get your dirty paws on, at least not as gory.


And I'm pretty happy with my Violent shit box that was signed by Steve Aquilina, the producer/editor/cinematographer.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Wow, that seems just... well... I don't even know how to put it in words. Maybe if the subject wasn't past my current movie routine I could write something.
    I miss the days I watched shit like NekRomantik. :)

    SvaraRadera
  2. At least it's pretty short... :)

    And I met the director of Nekromantik at a Convention in Germany a few weeks ago and got him to sign a Nekromantik 2 dvd... :D

    SvaraRadera